[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance, AC Chat & AC Recording for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG on Monday, 06 March 2017

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Mar 7 03:07:43 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 06 March 2017 at 20:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/9JLRAw

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-06mar17-en.mp3

AC Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p57ijfuutft/
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/9JLRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 06 March 2017
 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 06 March 2017 at 20:00 UTC.
  Jeff Neuman:thanks!
  Kavouss Arasteh:There are decicated and devoted peosons all  attening art all meetings to assume theier assigned responsibilities
  Kavouss Arasteh:Good to hear that people lafughting '
  Kavouss Arasteh:PLS SHOW THE AGENDA
  Michael Flemming:The Agenda is on the right.
  Kavouss Arasteh:distorteed voice
  Karen Day:lots of audio distortion
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:hello all !
  Michael Flemming:Avri, could you speak up?
  Julie Hedlund:@Kavouss: The Agenda is in the Notes 5 pod.
  Michael Flemming:please and thank you.
  Karen Day:Can barely hear Avri
  Christa Taylor:better already - can hear you a lot clearer
  Christa Taylor:No update
  Christa Taylor:If everyone could review the updates in the questions - that would be great
  Kavouss Arasteh:DISTORTED AUDIO
  Kavouss Arasteh:i HEAR DISTORTED VOICE
  Michael Flemming:PELAS
  Michael Flemming:PLEASE STOP USING CAPS
  Kavouss Arasteh:aVRI, MY LINE IS OKAY BUT YOUR AND OTHER VOICES ARE DISTORTED
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:why does it matter if he uses caps or not ?
  Kavouss Arasteh:Sorry for cap
  Michael Flemming:I think it is more than known that caps have a history for being associated with yelling.
  Christa Taylor:Kavouss, I can hear everyone clear and the voices are not distorted
  Christa Taylor:...so far ;-)
  Kavouss Arasteh:What do ou mean, pls consult swisscom
  Karen Day:sorry 'bout that!
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus:yes
  Kavouss Arasteh:no it is not okay
  Christa Taylor:clear and a good level
  Steve Chan:I'm dialed in and it's choppy and crackly. I wonder if it's better on AC versus phone.
  Karen Day:I can't understand Jeff.  Perhaps those of us on dial in having the issues?
  Philip Corwin:Audio for Jeff very scratchy
  Michael Flemming:Its a little muphled but I can hear him.
  Christa Taylor:Clear here
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:please post correct page jeff is referring to
  Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat):Adobe audio is fine here
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus:no issues hearing jeff
  Karen Day:Christa are you listening via Adobe or dial in?
  Alexander Schubert:Very clear here!
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:jeff is clear !
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus:clearly
  Kavouss Arasteh:I have seriou  difficulties to hear clear voice.
  Christa Taylor:Adobe
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:will be an echo
  Susan Payne:can you give us control of the document please
  Steve Chan:@Susan, the document is unsynced
  Susan Payne:cheers
  Steve Chan:Confirmed, much clearer on AC versus dial-in.
  Michael Flemming:Some of the questions have been deleted.
  Michael Flemming:We need to renumber them and some of the sections as well.
  Jeff Neuman:i am back
  Raymond Zylstra - Neustar:Hi - I can't connect to the audio right now
  Raymond Zylstra - Neustar:Fine with the answer at this point
  Alexander Schubert:Now you sound like in a water bowl ...
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:this is not good
  Alexander Schubert:BAD!
  Alexander Schubert:Loser.....
  Michael Flemming:Very distorted.
  Alexander Schubert::D
  Jeff Neuman:I am back on Adobe
  Paul McGrady:Can we draw a distinction between an evolution of a business plan and a change in the nature of the registry itself?
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:very difficult to understand kavouss
  Jeff Neuman:@Paul - I think your answer could make the distrinction
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:avery is crisp & clear so i have a good connection
  Michael Flemming:You sound better.
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias: can hear jeff clear
  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):I hear you just fine.
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:cannot hear kavouss
  Michael Flemming:We cannot hear you Kavouss.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:I have the same problem as Kavouss with regard to Jeff
  Paul McGrady:Me too.  Can hear Kavouss clearly, but Jeff is very fuzzy.
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:kavouss need to reconnect
  Liz Brodzinski:I just hung up and called back in and now can hear Kavouss clearly
  Karen Day:Will hang up dial in and try to listen from Adobe, but won't be able to speak.
  Steve Chan:I recommend signing in through the AC audio. I was dialed in earlier and switched to AC and it's much clearer.
  Michael Flemming:Kavouss, you are able to go in and check the CC2 questions and make suggestions and comments directly. This may help for you to have a chance to review them and offer suggestions directly.
  Michael Flemming:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit?usp=sharing
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:this difference in reception really creates inefficiences in this conference
  Rudy Mendoza:Jeff is loud and clear through adobe
  Karen Day:now that I'm listening in Adobe I can hear you.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):distortion over the phone is significant Jeff
  Paul McGrady:I'm on the phone and it sounds like the Klingons are jamming Jeff's frequency at the source.
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:adobe for me gives clarity to both jeff & avery. only prob is kavouss
  Jeff Neuman:I will try cell
  Michael Flemming:Yes
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:wish icann had a tech monitoring this call. they may be able to avoid this in future if they knew what the issues were.
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:can't understand him at all. you may have to repeat or summarize his comments
  Michael Flemming:I cannot hear Kavouss at all. Is that just me.
  Michael Flemming:?
  Martin Sutton:Very difficult to hear Kavouss
  Susan Payne:me neither Michael
  Julie Hedlund:@Michael: I can barely her him.
  Julie Hedlund:hear him
  Gg Levine (NABP):+1
  Donna Austin, Neustar:and I can hear Kavouss fine
  Michael Flemming:Kavouss, could you please check your connection?
  Michael Flemming:+1 on that.
  Michael Flemming:I think "should" is a much more precise in this manner.
  Michael Flemming:People could believe anything.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:perfect thanks Jeff
  Gg Levine (NABP):Jeff is fuzzy now.
  Paul McGrady:Much better!!
  Phil Buckingham:jeff is fuzzy
  Martin Sutton:good
  Michael Flemming:you sound a lot better
  Michael Flemming:indeed
  Martin Sutton:quieter but clearer
  Karen Day:I think Paul nailed it - Klingons!
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):much better.  still slightly muffled but understandable
  Steve Chan:Apologies all, staff is trying to determine what is causing the audio issues.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Please know we are currently working on the audio issues and currently working on the issue
  Alexander Schubert:These 100 names are escaping the TMCH - so that's why not unlimited!
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:whatever you did to correct the audio problems, it worked. can hear kavouss clearly
  Alexander Schubert:(It is my understanding they escaped the TMCH ... correct me if wrong)
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:isn't that opening pandorra's box
  Michael Flemming:I think the question is correct as it is now.
  Alexander Schubert:In regard to "reserved TLD names":     Work Track 2 also covers section 2.2.1.4.1 = Treatment of Country or Territory Names on Top-Level.    Do we cover that later?
  Rubens Kuhl:As the name suggests, icann-sla-monitoring was suggested by ICANN, although accepted by registries.
  Paul McGrady:We use "propose"-formative words 3 times in a short space.  Can we mess with it to make the question more clear?
  Michael Flemming:I think it would be great to reword.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Pls just insert the reference to that amendment
  Rubens Kuhl:The amendment in question is this one: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_global-2Damendment-2Dbase-2Dnew-2Dgtld-2Dregistry-2Dagreement-2D2017-2D01-2D23-2Den&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=3W_1QkIE4riRTXjpChlLZxYdvtJ04PKaexh4pd789SU&s=7kUmwkE0f0cqRVbGxVw-AYHV3gaJp0wnCVlrtZliDak&e=
  Rubens Kuhl:Note that is not yet approved.
  Michael Flemming:I think the word breach allows for the individual answering the question to interpret a level of discretion for that at this point. It is rather difficult for us to define it at this point, but with a more formal consultation with ICANN, after we issue the question, I think we will be able to have a better outlook for what would constitute that certain type of breach.
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, that's right.
  Michael Flemming:not all countries are formally recongized?
  Rubens Kuhl:In some countries, different states have different rules... so jurisdiction looks better to me.
  Michael Flemming:that is why jurisdictions is used, it is much more flexible.
  Rubens Kuhl:Like California and New York.
  Michael Flemming:we could do something like countries/jurisdictions
  Michael Flemming:I am going to leave the room for this one :D
  Michael Flemming:I agree with Kavouss on this one. You ask for a suggestion to define something and then you ask if modifications are needed to the definition.
  Michael Flemming:COMMENT: I think its a great question. But Avri's suggestions is good.
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):Agreed Avri
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Apologies for late arrival.  Multiple conflicting calls (as is always the case in the week before an ICANN meeting.)
  Alexander Schubert:It seems there were problems with the CPE's. So GAC several times called for an appeals mechanism to investigate potential inconsistencies .....
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):General question:  Wouldn't we generally be interested in teh respondee's explanation of their answer - regardless of whether they answer "yes" or "no" and regardless of what the question is?  If not, it would be helpul to understand why not. Thanks.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):oops.  "the respondee's"
  Christa Taylor:Sorry Jeff, a bit delayed.  There is a bit of an overlap with 2.7.3 and 1.3.1
  Phil Buckingham:Avri - back tracking   thinking about 2.8.1 - wording is not correct  IMO
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):replace "issues" with "claimed inefficiencies"
  Susan Payne:I think on 2.8.3 we should also ask "what safeguards are required"
  Steve Chan:@Phil, can you elaborate? Not correct in what way?
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Can we ask ICANN for facts, namely, the outcome of any PICDRP proceedings?
  Rubens Kuhl:And it's hard to gather facts to measure deterrence. Do people acted good because they are good or because there could be consequences ?
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:+1 susan payne
  Ken Stubbs - Afilias:@kristina  shouldn't this be public info. why shoul;d it not be disclosed
  Michael Flemming:YAY
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):I have to drop from Adobe but will stay on the call.  I'll read the transcript and comment on the list.
  Michael Flemming:Thank you, Kristina.
  Rubens Kuhl:Some answers to this question will be very entertaining.
  Phil Buckingham:@ Steve  think should read " ..... issues of Registrar non discrimination ( vertical separation ) and registry / registrar/ registrant  ownership ( vertical integration ) now  that ....
  Michael Flemming:Can't window be the same as a round?
  Michael Flemming:Not sure of that distinction.
  avri doria:rounds has come to mean what we have now.  perhaps in the future it will refer to what we are currently taking about, but now it is confusing.
  Gg Levine (NABP):If so, please explain.
  Gg Levine (NABP):Sorry; re: 3.1.6.
  Karen Day:Thanks, Gg.  Will make that change
  Rubens Kuhl:future rounds -> subsequent procedures
  Alexander Schubert:Like stated before:   It seems there were problems with the CPE's. So GAC several times called for an appeals mechanism to investigate potential inconsistencies .....
  Heather Forrest:3.3.5 - should we ask for specific examples?
  Susan Payne:yes
  Karen Day:Yes, Heather, I think we can add that
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Apologies all, I have to drop from this call.
  Paul McGrady:For 3.1.2, if "no" can we also seek examples?
  Susan Payne:can we give a link to something which explains how they are handled in ccTLDs?  to ensiure ebveryone is aware
  Susan Payne:sorry about typos!
  Alexander Schubert:The ccTLDs are determined by ISO!
  Alexander Schubert:So it wouldn't be ICANN but ISO who does that......
  Rubens Kuhl:IDN ccTLD has such a process, detailed at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_fast-2Dtrack-2D2012-2D02-2D25-2Den&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=3W_1QkIE4riRTXjpChlLZxYdvtJ04PKaexh4pd789SU&s=GlyIjqVIEM-SFpfQTJTOdEWvarQMRUNVSw9dFU8koo8&e=  .
  Heather Forrest:Note for the notes - the point on 3.4.2 was raised by Kristina Rosette, not Susan Payne
  Rubens Kuhl:2-char ASCII ccTLDs are assumed to not generate confusion.
  Heather Forrest:Credit to both!
  Alexander Schubert:Then let's say it in 3.4.2.:  "IDN-ccTLDs"
  Alexander Schubert:Also we might ask: Should private auctions be prohibited (or: did they created harm - speculation - etc)?
  Alexander Schubert:I guess in th next rond we will have people applying with nothing other in mind than to "cash in" in private auctions.....
  Alexander Schubert:rond = round
  Alexander Schubert:3.5.1 is valid as ICANN always said: "Sorry there is no appeals mechanism - and please do not abuse our other accountability mechanisms"
  Karen Day:Go for it!
  Christa Taylor:Minor formatting - line break on 4.3.2.5/.6
  Kavouss Arasteh:Consensus by Ehausion
  Phil Buckingham:additional Q suggestion  :  Should  applicants use an ICANN financial  templated model or should they be allowed to provide their own financials model (s)
  Kavouss Arasteh:Exhaustion
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):well done Avri
  Kavouss Arasteh:PLS KINDLY CORRECT MISSPELLING THAT i MADE INADERTANTLY
  Paul McGrady:Well done Jeff and Avri!  Lots here to think about.
  Christa Taylor:Way to go Avri!!!
  Susan Payne:what is tomorrow's meeting?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thank you all
  Susan Payne:for the full wg?
  Martin Sutton:thanks Avri and Jeff
  Alexander Schubert:Tnx
  Susan Payne:I completely missed that
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye for now then
  Heather Forrest:Thanks, Jeff and Avri.
  Karen Day:@Susan, yes, full group for 2nd reading so we can get CC2 out the door :)
  Susan Payne:aha :)
  Susan Payne:night
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:thanks to both of you, jeff and avri.