[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Recordings, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 15 May 2017 at 15:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon May 15 17:47:05 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 15 May 2017 at 15:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/CNTRAw

MP3: https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-15may17-en.mp3

Adobe Connect Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p178uck7kt0/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=AhXNWBtYz-BXb7M2-3qcjKD0yCsmUykhrCZS5i-8AiE&s=QkqbJ4BucKABBgdhi6zxOiNbT63-FeBDIjTRmO2d7XA&e=>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/CNTRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 15 May 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 15 May 2017 at 15:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting agenda page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_CNTRAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=wg5vrjPcgGpEwq1_tVqDRl2ugOPHqbC9XxGlRntTQFo&s=kwYKMu6Y2DGEV06S4VwfzHrkHpaS3ynaMnVMVgqIg9Y&e=
  Vanda Scartezini:hi everyone!
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Hi all!
  Annebeth Lange:Greetings from Norway!
  Poncelet Ileleji:hEllo all
  Nick Shorey:hi folks.
  Hadia Elminiawi:hello all
  Christa Taylor:no
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:No -
  Vanda Scartezini:i am not too
  Christa Taylor:Michael we can't hear you
  Julie Hedlund:@Michael: We cannot hear you if you are speaking.
  Phil Buckingham:his computer froze
  Michelle DeSmyter:I will send him a chat
  Phil Buckingham:Continue  and come back
  Jeff Neuman:I would go to WT 3
  Phil Buckingham:We have a call on Thursday 18 May 21.00 UTC . We will be opening  up the hornets nest that is Vertical Integration. and Vertical Separation .
  Susan Payne:@cheryl, can non members WT4 join your calls?
  Susan Payne:Thanks yes, I meant as a one-off,  so thanks for confirming
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Thanks for circulating the info on the GDD... it looks as it is growing into policy issues...?
  Michael Flemming:@Jorge, it includes policy that impacts operations of contracted parties. So it is not completely ignorant of policy but has a larger focus on operations with an interest in policy that will affect operations.
  Michael Flemming:effect*
  Martin Sutton Brand Registry Group:Jeff, could the GNSO set a target date?
  Alan Greenberg:Sorry to be late.
  Trang Nguyen:@Jeff, we have an idea of what those items are and will provide a list soon.
  Michael Flemming:Question: When will the links to the recordings be posted?
  Jim Prendergast:Recrorded yes - but not posted yet
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Thanks to Jeff for this recap - sounds very much like important policy discussions, but without some important stakeholders being there
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Jorge - i think that's an unfair characterisation of what took place. discussions took place, no decisions made, understand any policy topics would be done under correct mechanisms.
  Phil Buckingham:@ Trang -  has ICANN started to cost " implementation processes "
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Donna: why unfair? just factually stating that important discussions take place, without important stakeholders
  Jim Prendergast:And there were no meetings of any policy development groups such as this one.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):May be easiest to think of GDD as a 2+-day meeting of the Registry and Registrar Stakeholder Groups, where members of those SGs who are not participating in this WG asked questions of those who are.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Jorge +1
  Annebeth Lange:Jorge +1
  Kavouss Arasteh:People may kindly refrain to characterize views of other to be fair or unfair.
  Annebeth Lange:Many of the subjects touched upon will also have implications for both governments and ccTLDs
  Kavouss Arasteh:This is very frustrating
  Alan Greenberg:There is no excuse for not simultaneously broadcasting meetings like this, and immediately posting them fore later viewing. ANything less is giving preferential access to information to only certain groups.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Fact is that ICANN the organisation and the contracted parties exchange on very sensitive topics - where we all have a stake
  Donna Austin, Neustar:@Jorge, not decisions were made and over a few days we were discussing a large range of issues that were directly relevant to contracted parties. As Jeff said, it's not dissimilar to GAC discussions. It's all recorded. No decisions were made.
  Annebeth Lange:Alan +1
  Susan Payne:@Alan, I believe the Adobe was open to all
  Jim Prendergast:For more info on it - see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_gddsummit&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=wg5vrjPcgGpEwq1_tVqDRl2ugOPHqbC9XxGlRntTQFo&s=UsmQYVEZkwBV0oEAYLP5eKFmXlNUwvenkLkyQSky2q0&e=
  Phil Buckingham:thanks Trang .
  Michael Flemming:I don't get it. The Non-contracted house have Intersessional Meetings where they discuss important policy issues. All that took place was discussion amongst parties with common interests.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):one hour call is quite different to a three day meeting - decision shaping is quite important - everybody knows that
  Annebeth Lange:Even if decisions not taken, it gives a feeling of a "parallell" ICANN
  Kavouss Arasteh:Every one should be given the opportunity to express his or her views freely ,openly and timely without being faced with group objection or preventing him or her by any means, what so ever, to stop commenting.
  Paul McGrady:We need to move on.
  Martin Sutton Brand Registry Group:@paul +1
  Susan Payne:@Jorge most of the 3-day meeting was talking about topics entiirely unrelated to this.  I think the converation with Akram could be seen as not dissimilar to the session at last year's ITU where Akram made comments about the timing of future new gTLDs and which were widely reported and was questioned by attendees at that meeting
  Martin Sutton Brand Registry Group:@susan +1 the GDD was operationally focused, at times it would touch on policy, inevitably
  Martin Sutton Brand Registry Group:Good to hear Nick Shorey's feedback, I am sure others could attend if they really (really) wanted to.
  Martin Sutton Brand Registry Group:Steve, this is very helpful, thank you
  Paul McGrady:Call dropped.  Dialing back in.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Has any work track discussed categories, or is this something that we are to discuss as a group of the whole.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Avri: could you send out an Email on this table of TLD types and establish a deadline for feedback?
  Steve Chan:@Donna, it's come up as a related issue, in that categories may impact other topics. But as a substantive topic, I do not believe so. It shoud be discussed in the drafting team ideally.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Thanks Steve
  Christa Taylor:Categories could impact the development of application fee setting
  Steve Chan:@Jorge, we shared the link to the Google doc in the agenda, but we'll send around a PDF as well.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:@Christa, it has the potential to impact fees, applications, evaluation, type of contract and more.
  Christa Taylor:+1 Donna
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed!
  Kavouss Arasteh:Avri, what would be the status of provisional decision
  Paul McGrady:I like to think of provisional decisions as "bread crumbs" to keep track of where we came from when we get there.
  Kavouss Arasteh:How and when these provisional decidions are coverted to more definitive as well as any impact of any provisional decision on other provisional decision
  Paul McGrady:+1 Avri.
  Kavouss Arasteh:I f the provisional decision making prevent to reach a consensus I have difficulty to accept
  Kavouss Arasteh:ok if it is a part of consensus building i have no problem
  Annebeth Lange:I have to leave for another meeting, sorry.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):I have to drop for another meeting at the top of the hour.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Avri, I am sorry to indicate that I have to leave for another meeting
  Kavouss Arasteh:Bye
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):the GAC is working on an input on the CC2
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):as is ALAC :-)
  Poncelet Ileleji:Avri, leaving for another Meeting, Bye All
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Cheryl: let's copy paste! ;P
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):;-)
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):the PDP F2F is at what time?
  Steve Chan:@Jorge, I believe it's Wednesday from 8:30-12:00 local time.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):thanks, Steve! guess we'll have GAC Meetings at that time... :-(
  Vanda Scartezini:thank you all for the work done. and to finish on top of the hour, kisses
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone...  bye for now then...
  Alan Greenberg:Thanks all.
  Christa Taylor:Thank-you
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):thanks everyone, bye!
  Trang Nguyen:thanks everyone. bye.
  Karen Day:Thanks everyone, bye!
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:thanks & bay.
  Hadia Elminiawi:bye, thansk