[Gnso-newgtld-wg] UPDATED Recordings, attendance & AC recording from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 09 October 2017 15:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon Oct 9 22:35:20 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 09 October 2017 at 15:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/AIJEB

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09oct17-en.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09oct17-en.mp3[mailer.samanage.com]>

Adobe Connect Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p46netym3o7/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=AhXNWBtYz-BXb7M2-3qcjKD0yCsmUykhrCZS5i-8AiE&s=QkqbJ4BucKABBgdhi6zxOiNbT63-FeBDIjTRmO2d7XA&e=>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/AIJEB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 09 October 2017

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 09 October 2017 at 15:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_AIJEB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=Ggr7x8rVE934s2HVYg_uKvHYxOwtLs97D8P-3ZTqPbc&s=VWuktyI1tglFFhp_b-z4D7sSYdaldpMK0BgLXn2-ZSg&e=
  Krishna Seeburn - Kris:yes
  Theo Geurts:It works
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:We can hear you
  Krishna Seeburn - Kris:it works
  Jim Prendergast:I have an item for AOB - could we get an update from Jeff on the discussuion he and Akram had at the Brands & Domains conference last week?  thanks
  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):Hello all
  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):do we have adobe audio ?
  Jeff Neuman:@Jim - Just to clarify, you want an update on the panel we both were on, correct?  We did not have a separate conversation
  Jim Prendergast:yes
  Jeff Neuman:ok...cool.  I dont mind if others want to add that
  Jim Prendergast:i just saw the photos
  Jeff Neuman:Not my best side......
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Audio is surprisingly good at 30,000 feet. Go figure.
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Monday
  Emily Barabas:WT4 call: Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 03:00 UTC for 60 minutes.
  Karen Day:From Rubens: "Call two weeks ago canceled due to conflict with WS2 schedule; call last week discussed name collisions, with good progress, and registry services, where there is still more to discuss. Call this week will focus exclusively on registry services.
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, no, not heard anything new
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):W/r/t GAC co-leader, it "may" be the case that their interested person is also running for GAC Chair and I suspect it would be difficult for that person to do both. Perhaps sugget that they can identify an alternate as a way to break the logjam?
  Jim Prendergast:Jeff - would it also make sense to circultate Martin's name to the email list as only 43 people are on the call?
  Greg Shatan:Apologies, I have. conflict today. I am only able to join briefly and without audio,
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, the approval of Cheryl is on the Consent Agenda.
  Michelle DeSmyter:We have been trying and no answer, we are continuing to dial her
  avri doria:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1lzXxBLMtFr03BKnHsa-2DSs7kR7EAJt7pCI1EP3H81tfQ_edit-23&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=Ggr7x8rVE934s2HVYg_uKvHYxOwtLs97D8P-3ZTqPbc&s=zMMcNGqH-J7_whGi71G0NFsB-4bMv2-g3vw3mWuRDMk&e=
  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):does anyone have shot end URL for the Google doc?
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):By "can be implemented", do we mean "Implementable"?  If so, should we say that (eg. "clear, implementable . . . )?
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Is the use of passive voice intentional?  If not, should we be identifying the actor to avoid future uncertainty?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry to be late...
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):That's a general comment (passive voice).
  Jeff Neuman:I have put Kristina's suggestted text in the Google doc
  Jeff Neuman:Instead of "effect", can we use "adverse impact"
  Susan Payne:apologies, I was on another call.  can someone tell me where we are in the document please?
  Jim Prendergast:how is material determined?
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):If we're going to use "material effect," we should use ICANN's written definition of it, which would be helpul to have.
  Martin Sutton:@Susan - towards bottom of third page
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):yes
  Susan Payne:thnx Martin
  Maxim Alzoba  (FAITID ):to example of Minor process update ... lately ICANN updated so called GDD portal with the new Click through agreement (which reregistries , and later potentially applicants have to agree to), and cash things cause delays (unknown tetxt needs to pass through legal, and if the change is significant (as it was last time, the issue potentially is not minor anymore)
  Martin Sutton:@Susan - using the google doc https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1lzXxBLMtFr03BKnHsa-2DSs7kR7EAJt7pCI1EP3H81tfQ_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=Ggr7x8rVE934s2HVYg_uKvHYxOwtLs97D8P-3ZTqPbc&s=Wj2g8SUmE1rOtAV92pPrDJS93yMQQaU9UG8_qZs5vbA&e=
  Steve Chan:The document being shared should be unsynced.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):@Jeff:  having the definition of material effect that ICANN uses will be helpful to your issue, too, I think.
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):<QUESTION)>What happens when ICANN does not agree with the category (ICANN see something as minor internal and community see the same as major material)?
  Annebeth Lange:Sorry, I have to leave.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye 👋 Annabeth
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Can not use mic,  please read my question aloud
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):The same happens few days ago with GDD portal and new click through agreement (so my question was based on it)
  Jeff Neuman:@Avri - yep
  Kavouss Arasteh:Iagree with you NOT to add significantly
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Given the speed
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):of the development of new processes
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I think such process needs to be design in advance,  and not just when needed
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Please read my 3 lines of text
  Jeff Neuman:@Maxim - Good point....change in portals did result in new click-through agreement which is fundamentally different than the older one and could result in new terms superceding those in the Registry agreement
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):It was about the venue to resolve disagreements
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):OK.  Will do in doc,  when back to notebook
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Naming Services Portal
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Naming Services Portal
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Jeff - thanks,  that was correct
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Avri,  probably best to clarify that
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):sorry,  need to drop the call
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Have to drop for another meeting, which I'm also going to participate in from 30,000 feet.  (This Internet thing is cool. We should keep it.) I'll read the transcript to catch up.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:😉👋
  Kavouss Arasteh:    Yes exactly as you said
  Jeff Neuman:yep
  Kavouss Arasteh:Have the structure of that SIRT is already determined
  Kavouss Arasteh:Does that SIRT representing the community?
  Jeff Neuman:Not yet
  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):I like the standing IRT idea.  Need to check all the language again between now and next meeting.
  Kavouss Arasteh:pls specifically mention that, if possible
  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):There could be some confusion as to the role of public comments by some in the community so thats' a good idea to clarify
  Steve Chan:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__schedule.icann.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=Ggr7x8rVE934s2HVYg_uKvHYxOwtLs97D8P-3ZTqPbc&s=WNnfE_PldRK2Yam0efWeCSmrqzjh88QY-XKvrWTjv8M&e=
  Emily Barabas:Saturday 28 October (Day 1) from 12:15-15:00 and Wednesday 1 November (Day 5) from 8:30-12:00
  Kavouss Arasteh: Jeff, do we would have a brief report or a working /reference doc. for the first meeting
  Kavouss Arasteh:we have or we would have, corrected text
  Martin Sutton:Unable to find the schedule on ICANN60 site - do you have the link?
  Roger Carney:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__schedule.icann.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=Ggr7x8rVE934s2HVYg_uKvHYxOwtLs97D8P-3ZTqPbc&s=WNnfE_PldRK2Yam0efWeCSmrqzjh88QY-XKvrWTjv8M&e=
  Martin Sutton:got it, thx
  avri doria:unless this group were to decide to change the policy about new gTLDs in the future.
  Martin Sutton:It was a great session, thanks Jeff
  Jim Prendergast:thanks
  Donna Austin, Neustar:I thought it is already the policy that ICANN was to move forward with a next round/application window as soon as possible after the conclusion of the 2012 round. No further approval from the community is required.
  avri doria:which we have tentively decided not to do
  Kavouss Arasteh:  Prudence and pacient i are of essence
  Kavouss Arasteh:That is absolutely right
  Kavouss Arasteh: Green light is in our hand
  Christa Taylor:Thank-you
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thanks
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:bye, everybody.
  Martin Sutton:Thnaks all