[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Reminder regarding Expected Standards of Behavior

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 14 02:24:36 UTC 2017

There is no doubt that most people go into
discussions hoping to achieve some end, but often
is also a desire to achieve SOME end and to get
there compromises may need to be made.

The Board is the only GROUP that is charged with
balancing the issues of all stakeholders. But
multistakeholder discussions may be able to
achieve that end (to be ratified by the Board) if
the powers and ability to invest time and effort
are balanced. In the absence of such balance, or
if parties are not willing to find common ground,
then we can have unbalanced decisions or stalemate.

Alan