[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Reminder regarding Expected Standards of Behavior

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sun Oct 15 18:01:34 UTC 2017

> On Oct 15, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Vanda Scartezini <vanda at scartezini.org> wrote:
>
>  PDP process is certainly focused on GNSO interest in have a clear process.  The clear and transparent process in itself can contribute to user to have a better service, as such, will be in their best interest.  For my understanding, good business will be focused on their own profit but to have a good profit in a very competitive environment you shall provide a better service.
>  GNSO is much more focused on better services than ccNSO since in several countries there is no much competition and costs.

ccNSO has a much narrower mission than GNSO, since ccTLD do not follow an uniform policy like gTLDs. Most service-oriented dialogs among ccTLDs occur in regional associations like CENTR, APTLD, LACTLD etc., not in ICANN meetings or mailing list.

> For instance  can be higher so, not t all for the best interest of internet users. But t=not the competitive environment of gTLDs.

At the least where I am from, ccTLD domains are cheaper in weighted average than gTLD domains, indicating that gTLD competition only happens in some markets. The only gTLD registrar accreditation in the country expires in 40 days, and it's unknown whether it will be renewed or not.

Rubens