[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Phil Buckingham stepping down , GNSO Subsequent Procedures PDP WG , Co Chair WT2 ( Legal and Regulatory)

Phil Buckingham phil at dotadvice.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 19:00:17 UTC 2017

For the attention of  the Subsequent Procedures PDP WG -   Participants and
Observers :

Re : Phil Buckingham stepping down as  Subsequent Procedures PDP WG  Co -
Chair  WT2 ( Legal and Regulatory ) and member of the  Leadership Team.

As some of you may be aware  for the past few months I have been unable to
commit the hours and attendance in Co Chairing the Subsequent Procedures WG
, WT2 ( Legal and Regulatory) with Michael ( Flemming).

Michael has been shouldering a huge workload ( especially with WT2 being
tasked with the most complex and controversial PDP issues and topics ) ,
which has been very unfair , on my part.

 I am sure we are all agreed that he has done a very impressive job
,especially  at some ungodly hours being based in Tokyo. I would personally
like to thank  him for his huge efforts and in the support he has given me
in the last year and more.

 I now have a day job ( outside the domain industry ) and to compound it, a
very serious eye problem , which is now requiring a brain scan at the end of
this month.  Having discussed the various options with the Leadership Team
we all felt it would be best that I, very sadly,  stand down with immediate
effect.  This is hugely disappointing and a huge wrench  for me.

 In an ideal world , I would very much like to be re-elected by yourself
back onto the Leadership team in early 2018. I am very much prepared  to
take on again the huge commitment in hours , without remuneration throughout
2018 and beyond.

However , may  I take this opportunity to add that it is my intention to
submit a proposal to the GNSO Council/ approval by the ICANN Board that all
persons in a Leadership role are remunerated accordingly , on a level
playing field basis.
If you wish to help in this effort  please contact me @phil at dotadvice.co.uk

Of course I am more than happy to help in an effective handover , whether on
a temporary or permanent basis.

I look forward to discussing and proposing my replacement on the WT2  call
at 20.30 UTC today

Regards,

Phil Buckingham