[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Adobe, and .PDF files …

lists@christopherwilkinson.eu Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Aug 30 20:39:21 UTC 2018

Dear  Steve:

I find that, recently, Adobe has been requiring us to create a kind of personal 'membership' of Adobe before allowing us to open a .PDF file. The potential ramifications are far reaching.

If we all continue to use .PDF files to communicate substantial documents (as I have also done so until recently)  then in due course the whole of the ICANN community will have to become nolens volens  'members' of Adobe.

Is that OK? I am worried about it. Has ICANN anything to say to Adobe about this?

Just a thought

CW