[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Adobe, and .PDF files

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Fri Aug 31 02:53:25 UTC 2018

I have never encountered such a problem in general use, but have seen a
personal account in use when PDFs are used to distribute copy-restricted
content (in my case, it was a paid magazine subscription that required
personal credentials). Needless to say, I stopped accessing it after the
first time.

According to https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/about-adobe-pdf.html,
"...PDF
is now an open standard maintained by the International Organization for
Standardization (ISO)", and nothing prevents us from using alternative
readers/renderers to render PDF files on any platform (as is usually the
case in Linux).

satish