[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Fwd: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG: Request for Input

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Mon Feb 5 19:56:48 UTC 2018

Dear Anne,

So you suggest to lower the entry barrier (cost) to a VERY low amount (e.g. USD 10k) so that anyone who can afford today buying a used llll.com can make their own gTLD in 2020?

At 10k we will have 25,000 applications – and that’s a conservative estimate. At 1k processing speed per year we will gnaw at that for a decade.

We need SOME kind of barrier for the next round! Money is a good one. If not money: what then?

My humble opinion.

Thanks,

Alexander