[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group - 11 December 2017

lists at christopherwilkinson.eu lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Wed Jan 3 15:07:56 UTC 2018

Good evening:

Regarding the business models for Geo-Names, suffice to say that there are instances in the previous round, which, if repeated for Geo-Names, would aggravate the scope for agreement.

Regarding not-for profit, I would recall that one of the most successful new TLDs in recent years operates on a not for profit basis.
In my view, the eventual ‘rent’ for a ‘Good Name’ should accrue to the Registrant and not to the Registry or Registrar.

However, I note Jeff’s request to move discussion of the business models for Geo-Names to WT5, with which I concur. I thought I was responding to Emily’s note of 21 December. Nothing more.

CW