[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 14 June 2018

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Mon Jun 18 13:38:22 UTC 2018

> Em 18 de jun de 2018, à(s) 09:09:000, lists at christopherwilkinson.eu Wilkinson <lists at christopherwilkinson.eu> escreveu:
>
> Dear Rubens:
>
> That is not at all how I see it today. I shall speak to the issue on this afternoon's call.
>
> To take one current example, we have Work Track 3, apparently intent on imposing an Objection Based system on the whole of the PDP (Section 1.8.1)

CW,

You are reading too much into the report. WT3 has never discussed imposing Objection System to eval Geo Names, but assuming they did - which they didn't, but just for argument's sake - WT5 report comes later and could override it.

> whereas informed opinion in WT5 has clearly stated that would not work and supports a prior-authorisation system-

WT5 is a work track, so please don't take your individual positions as WT5... that said, a prior-authorization system was exactly how the 2012 round was implemented, so it already starts as the incumbent way of doing it.
WT5 might change or not at their discretion, but they would need consensus (meaning: rough consensus) to do so.

> I can think of several other inconsistencies that I have noticed among the current drafts of the various sections of the draft Report

If they are among WTs 1 to 4, please raise them so they can be addressed either now or in the future. Even if we don't resolve the inconsistencies as that would be substantive, we could list them in the initial report, in order to have further community input on how to reconcile them.

Rubens