[Gnso-newgtld-wg] - Initial Report Excerpts Red-lines and Updated Preamble

Rosette, Kristina rosettek at amazon.com
Thu Jun 28 20:07:56 UTC 2018

With the caveat that I may have missed something (and, in that case, my comments on the transcript take precedence), attached and copied below is a chart of my redline comments.

Section

Comment

2.2.2.2.e.1 (Clarity of Application Process)

Change question to:  Is ICANN organization capable of scaling to handle application volume and, if not, what would have to happen in order for ICANN organization to scale?

2.2.4.e, bullet 1 (Different TLD Types)

Add as last sentence to bullet:  If so, which categories

2.2.4.f (Different TLD Types)

Change last word in “validated registry” bullet from verified to validated

2.2.6.f (Accreditation Programs)

Change “A new RSP must be evaluated prior to the ultimate selection of the Applicant to manage one or more specific TLDs.” to “A new RSP must be evaluated before the Applicant signs the Registry Agreement for the applied-for TLD(s).”

2.5.1.e, bullet 1 (Application Fees)

Drop footnote to define “warehousing” and “squatting”

Fn 219

Suggest deleting the link to my letter to John Jeffrey.  (Link to decision in IO Community Objection against .AMAZON applications already included)