[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Update on Seeking SO/AC/C "liaisons"

Jeff Neuman jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Wed Sep 5 02:44:37 UTC 2018

All,

Thank you for the great discussion over the past week or so on our previous note seeking representatives from each Supporting Organization, Advisory Committee, Constituency, Stakeholder Group, etc.  For ease of reference I will use the term "Group" so I do not have to list our all of those different organizations throughout this e-mail.

Last week, we had a meeting with the Leadership team of the Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group, including both of our GNSO Council Liaisons.  The bulk of the call was devoted to this issue and we had a healthy exchange on all of the benefits and drawbacks of the initial proposal.  Here is where I believe we came out:

  1.  The Leadership team would like to continue to request that each Group provide one person and an alternate (if desired) to serve as a "liaison" between that Group and our Working Group.
  2.  The role of the "liaison" will be to serve as an empowered point person that the Working Group could turn to for the following:
     *   To help explain the Group's position on comments submitted during the applicable comment period(s);
     *   To respond to questions from the Working Group on the comments submitted;
     *   To be responsible for seeking the Group's position on comments from other Groups or individuals when requested, new recommendations/new proposals, etc.;
     *   To be responsible to the Working Group for seeking input from the group on any recommendations that the Working Group may come up with in the future.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Senior Vice President | Valideus USA | Com Laude USA
1751 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 600
Mclean, VA 22102, United States
E: jeff.neuman at valideus.com<mailto:jeff.neuman at valideus.com> or jeff.neuman at comlaude.com<mailto:jeff.neuman at comlaude.com>
T: +1.703.635.7514