[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Recordings, attendance & AC chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 17 September 2018 at 15:00 UTC

Jeff Neuman jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Thu Sep 20 18:51:59 UTC 2018

I think this represents a good balanced compromise.  I have one further edit, which I will put in red:

Regarding part 3) of the recommendations, the PDP WG considers .home, .corp. and .mail to be out of scope for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures, which is future looking in nature1.  , except for items explicitly asked for in its charter (closed generics and name collisions in legacy gTLDs). In the course of deliberations on Name Collisions, in section 2.7.8 of the Initial Report, the WG took SAC090 into account. The WG has not at this stage determined to formally recognize "private use" domains, though it provided preliminary recommendations on Name Collisions to seek to provide better guidance to applicants, while in large part supporting the continued adherance to the framework utilized during the 2012 round. Specifically, the WG preliminarily supports efforts to develop a data-driven "Do Not Apply" list, which would seek to prevent names that represent an unacceptable level of name collision risk. a similar level of risk to .home and .corp, for instance.

1The Working Group notes that there are a limited number of items in the charter that may have application to current TLDs, including both closed generics and certain aspects of name collisions, but these exceptions within the charter do not apply here.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Senior Vice President | Valideus USA | Com Laude USA
1751 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 600
Mclean, VA 22102, United States
E: jeff.neuman at valideus.com<mailto:jeff.neuman at valideus.com> or jeff.neuman at comlaude.com<mailto:jeff.neuman at comlaude.com>
T: +1.703.635.7514