[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed Agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG meeting - Tuesday, 30 April 2019 at 03:00 UTC

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Apr 30 03:03:40 UTC 2019

Sure Jeff, but according to the Implementation Review Team Principles &
Guidelines there are strict limits to what an IRT can do:

"As provided in the PDP Manual, the IRT is convened to assist staff in
developing the implementation details for the policy to ensure that the
implementation conforms to the intent of the policy recommendations."

We can't create new policy here...

Best, Kathy

On 4/29/2019 10:37 PM, Jeff Neuman wrote:
> Thank you Kathy for this text.  The questions I will be asking the
> group are:
>
>  1.  Are there elements of the Predictability Model that can be used
>     or modifications we can make to the model to handle the issues raised?
>  2. If we do not use the Predictability model, then what do we use?
>
> Although we appreciate comments of opposition and need to consider
> them, we also need real solutions to the very real issues that have
> been identified by the community.  Much of the community has responded
> to the comments stating that the existing procedures contained in the
> Guidebook as well as the current GNSO processes are not sufficient to
> handle all of the issues (especially after the launch of the
> application window).  The Board has acknowledged this as well in their
> comments (eg., that a process is needed so that it is not the Board
> resolving every issue in a top-down manner).
>
> So, please be ready to discuss solutions.
>
> *Jeff Neuman*
>
> Senior Vice President
>
> **
>
> *Com Laude | Valideus
> *1751 Pinnacle Drive
>
> Suite 600, McLean
>
> VA 22102, USA
>

> M: +1.202.549.5079
>
> D: +1.703.635.7514
>
> E: _jeff.neuman at comlaude.com <mailto:jeff.neuman at comlaude.com>_
> www.comlaude.com <http://www.comlaude.com/>__

***

>> Policy Director, GNSO Support
>>
>> **
>>
>> *ICANN*
>>
>> 12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
>>
>> Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

>> Mobile: +1.310.339.4410
>>
>> Office Telephone: +1.310.301.5800
>>
>> Office Fax: +1.310.823.8649
>>
>> Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses
>> <https://learn.icann.org/> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages
>> <http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.
>>
>> Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO
>>
>> Follow the GNSO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icanngnso/
>>
>> http://gnso.icann.org/en/

> The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to the
> intended recipient. They may not be disclosed, used by or copied in
> any way by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have
> received this message in error, please return it to the sender
> (deleting the body of the email and attachments in your reply) and
> immediately and permanently delete it. Please note that the Com Laude
> Group does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your
> responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any
> attachments. The Com Laude Group does not accept liability for
> statements which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf
> of the group or one of its member entities. The Com Laude Group
> includes Nom-IQ Limited t/a Com Laude, a company registered in England
> and Wales with company number 5047655 and registered office at 28-30
> Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England; Valideus Limited, a
> company registered in England and Wales with company number 06181291
> and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN
> England; Demys Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company
> number SC197176, having its registered office at 33 Melville Street,
> Edinburgh, Lothian, EH3 7JF Scotland; Consonum, Inc. dba Com Laude USA
> and Valideus USA, headquartered at 1751 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 600,
> McLean, VA 22102, USA; Com Laude (Japan) Corporation, a company
> registered in Japan having its registered office at Suite 319,1-3-21
> Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0033, Japan. For further information see
> www.comlaude.com <https://comlaude.com>

---