[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 12 August 2019 at 15:00 UTC

Jeff Neuman jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Mon Aug 12 13:21:52 UTC 2019

Thanks Christopher.  I understand the scope of how foreign exchange rates and transactions are in the world.  I guess what I was really asking was about the scope of the problem and what issues are being caused now that would necessitate the reservation of those codes (or protection of those codes) at the top level.

So, for example, “CUP” is the 3-letter code for the Cuban Peso, “MOP” for the Macao Pataca, “MAD” for the Moroccan Durham, “NPR” for the Nepalese Rupee (also in US is known by most people at the National Public Radio, “RUB” for the Russian Ruble, and “TOP” for the Tonga Pa’anga (NOTE:  This is already a TLD).  In the last example, has there been any noted cases of confusion of harm attributable to the match of the TLD and the currency code.

So when we get to the topic of reserved names in the full working group, this subject can be brought up, and the group can understand the scope of the problem and the necessity (if any) to protect those 3-letter codes.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Senior Vice President
Com Laude | Valideus
1751 Pinnacle Drive , Suite 600
Mclean , VA 22102
UNITED STATES

T: +1.703.635.7514
M: +1.202.549.5079

CONFIRMATION OF ORDERS: Please note that we always confirm receipt of orders.  To assist us in identifying orders, please use the word ORDER in the subject line of your email. If you have sent us an order and have not received confirmation on the same working day (PST) it is possible that your order has not been received or has been trapped by our spam filter.  In this case, please contact your client manager or admin at comlaude.com for confirmation that the order has been received and is being processed.  Thank you.