[Gnso-newgtld-wg] CURRENCY CODES: WAS RE: Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 12 August 2019 at 15:00 UTC

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed Aug 14 14:33:00 UTC 2019

As massive as in the first round? Experience should show that most of
the existing GeoTLDs did not show such massive demand, and I expect the
next round to go no differently.

I agree with Jeff that reservation lists should be very restrictive.
Instead of trying to prevent any bad thing that might happen, we need
processes that help resolving the few instances where something does happen.

Best,

volker

Am 14.08.2019 um 16:26 schrieb lists at christopherwilkinson.eu:

>> On 14 Aug 2019, at 16:16, Jeff Neuman <jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
>> <mailto:jeff.neuman at comlaude.com>> wrote:
>>
>>  >Reserving strings should always be the exception and not the rule
>> in terms of handling issues.
>
> In my experience, that is an unrealistic idea,
>
> If and when Geo-TLDs are delegated, there will be.a massive demand for
> reservation of SLDs for relevant locations.
> Whether this is handled by reservation or by sunrise, remains to be
> discussed.
>
> CW

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.