[Gnso-newgtld-wg] - Specification 13

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Wed Aug 14 15:47:08 UTC 2019

Dear Marc,

I might misinterpret your suggestion – but you are saying there are no generic term based applications such as “smart”, “visa” or “discovery” have a Spec 13 in their contract? (I checked these three – and they seem to have a Spec 13 in their contracts – I assume when checking all the other generic keyword based applications the same will occur).

And well: You need to register with the TM Clearinghouse: easy thing to do; the hurdles for that are very low (I have done TMCH applications for trademarks). Plus I am taking about a “real brand” – albeit a small one. So a small shoe brand “SHANGHAI” will easily meet all requirements for a spec 13. In my mind – please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Alexander