[Gnso-newgtld-wg] FW: - Specification 13 - Well-Known Brands

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Wed Aug 14 23:04:57 UTC 2019

"Coach" is a well known brand? Where? What do they offer? I was in 60 countries am 54 years of age and am generally very attentive to advertisement - never ever HEARD about a COACH brand. I had to Google to get a hint. Guess why they use "coach": they are FREE-RIDING on the generic term. Now you want to allow them to prevent the public from using .coach domains in the DNS? This piggybacking and free-riding needs to stop, folks. It's "legal" to protect the USAGE of such string for VERY NARROW defined goods and services in a jurisdiction - but that doesn't extend to a global protection. We are creating a HYPER-Protection-class here. AlexanderSent from my Samsung device