[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Predictability Framework

Austin, Donna Donna.Austin at team.neustar
Thu Dec 12 22:04:01 UTC 2019

Jeff, I don't think it really matters which way you slice this process they will all create the potential for delays. The line between policy and implementation is very vague which is why I think it makes more sense to have the Council consider the question first rather, because they are the experts on this particular question, as opposed to the SPIRT.

I like Anne's suggestion about how to consider requests from the Board, community vs ICANN org staff and we should think about that some more.

It may be possible for the Council to come up with a mechanism that would respond to concerns about delay and make the consideration process more streamlined.

So I don't think we should reject any suggestion outright at this point and encourage others from the working group to contribute to the discussion.

Donna