[Gnso-newgtld-wg] [Ext] RE: 2012 New gTLD Program - Remaining Applications

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Mon Feb 4 17:34:14 UTC 2019

Dear Anne, all,

I will take this opportunity to attach the PDF version, as I forgot to do so in the original message.

To briefly respond to your concern, if I recall correctly, the context in which this action item was identified was in the discussions around “round” closures in the future. As there are applications still pending from the 2012 round, I believe the idea was that learnings could potentially be drawn for usage in the future by examining those pending applications.

So to be clear, the intention is most definitely not for this PDP WG to attempt to resolve the pending status of any 2012 applications.

Best,

Steve