[Gnso-newgtld-wg] [Ext] RE: Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 08 July 2019

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Tue Jul 9 12:29:55 UTC 2019

Many thanks for the helpful clarification Jim.

Kind regards,
Julie

From: Jim Prendergast <jim at GALWAYSG.COM>
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 5:36 AM
To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>, "gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org" <gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] RE: Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 08 July 2019

Thanks Julie

One edit under notes – “Could ask RSSAC and SSAC whether the WG’s recommendations are consistent with their advice (relating to the third bullet point under High Level Agreements).”

My recommendation was for the WG to send the entire section dealing with Root Scaling to the SSAC and RSSAC for a quick look to ensure we have accurately captured their sentiment and the interplay between both of their work on this topic.  Not just the 3rd bullet point.

I agree with your suggestion that we not look for formal “advice” but with the revelation that in Marrakech members of the SSAC were surprised that eliminating the 1,000 per year delegation limit was on the table, I do think we need a right track/wrong track assessment and feedback from both groups due to the highly technical nature of this material and the importance it plays in the ICANN assumptions as well as pace of the overall program.

They can review the material in parallel while we are working on the other material ahead of us so no risk to the timeline.

Thanks

Jim Prendergast
The Galway Strategy Group
+1 202 285 3699