[Gnso-newgtld-wg] [Ext] RE: Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 08 July 2019

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Jul 11 00:02:55 UTC 2019

> Em 10 de jul de 2019, à(s) 19:53:000, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman at lrrc.com> escreveu:
>
> Thanks Steve.  This is very helpful.  So do we take that to mean 5 % of the TLDs already launched as of Q1 2022 as the rate of addition that RSSAC recommends?  (Many TLDs which have contract awards are not launched.)  Does anyone know how many TLDs per month that is likely to be in Q1 2022 (as per the attached timeline).

TLDs that are delegated already caused change to the root zone, so it's not dependent of whether the TLD is launched or not. There are very few not yet delegated TLDs from the 2012 round, so the more likely source of addition of TLDs until 2022 is the IDN ccTLD program, followed by possible IDN Variant TLDs related to the 2012 round.

Rubens