[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 11 July 2019

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Thu Jul 11 18:35:14 UTC 2019

Hi Kathy,

As staff always emphasizes when we send the action items and brief notes, these are not a substitute for the recording, chat room, or transcript.  Those all are posted on the wiki, as is noted after each call by the GNSO Secretariat, and are the WG’s primary source of information.  For the meeting earlier today the post call message was sent by Julie Bisland that states:

“All recordings for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Thursday, 11 July 2019 at 03:00 UTC can be found on the agenda wiki page <https://community.icann.org/x/LaSjBg>  (attendance included) and the GNSO Master calendar <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=lhHF0M6JaIYeLBnC3Q9bqu2sZWPv1nLAgZnVMGCKrHU&s=Tzxf9LTtBSdrMY8pcfoDex94Y46jW4hgjQNgWe51VqU&e=> . These include:
·         Attendance (please let me know if your name has been left off the attendance list)
·         Audio recording
·         Zoom chat archive
·         Zoom recording (including audio, visual, rough transcript)
·         Transcript”

That being said, staff did try to make it clear in the brief notes that Verified TLDs was covered, as was CCT-RT, and that Applicant Freedom of Expression was started (each is called out in the notes below with brief discussion points following).  Nonetheless, the other sources noted above should be the primary references as the brief notes and action items are necessarily incomplete.

As will be noted in the agenda for the next call and is marked in the summary document at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rwviHM6AYtqDqyB6_5Yij2dTL6iuou8z7A32yzc7sE/edit?usp=sharing the WG will continue with the discussion of Applicant Freedom of Expression, beginning with Input on Implementation Guidelines – General, top of page 10.

As to the question about the timing of the Thursday meetings, these are on a rotation and will not occur at the same time each week.  As to whether they should be moved, staff will defer to the WG Co-Chairs.

Kind regards,
Julie