[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes and Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - 03 June 2019

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Jun 6 00:35:49 UTC 2019

> Em 5 de jun de 2019, à(s) 17:23:000, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman at lrrc.com> escreveu:
>
> Would it make sense to have an RSP pre-approval window with ALL pre-approved RSPs announced and published at the same time?  That would give applicants lots of choices.
> Anne

Those choices at application time are still not as strong in giving bargaining power to registries as they are after they approved, because they introduce a hurdle at a point they haven't secured the TLD.
So while such window is helpful, if we require that after that window an RSP needs to be selected, then the scenario described by Jamie happens. Only the ability to later in the process select an RSP puts the power in applicants hands, not in RSPs hands.

And while I'm an RSP, I am a strong believer in competition and choice improving the overall market dynamics.

Rubens