[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Use Requirement for 2nd round new gTLDs

lists at christopherwilkinson.eu lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Nov 21 18:04:34 UTC 2019

Good evening:

I support the general direction of Alexander’s proposal: to strongly discourage, indeed penalise, the warehousing of un-used strings.
However, ten years is far too long for these purposes.

The proposal does not address the specific risk of geo-names Registries (a) accumulating geo-names for speculative purposes and (b) incorporating the Registries outside the jurisdiction of the countries concerned.  These conditions are open to unacceptable abuses, and long running disputes in the future.

CW