[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Notes on Registry Services

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Thu Sep 5 22:48:01 UTC 2019

I have the following from IPC President Brian Winterfeldt:

Dear Anne,

Thank you for reaching out for clarification on the IPC position, as stated in its prior public comments, regarding disclosure of registry services.  As far as I am aware, the IPC position on this matter has not changed since those comments were filed.  Essentially, the IPC feels it is important for all prospective and reasonably foreseeable registry services associated with a particular TLD to be disclosed at the time of application, and included in the application evaluation process.  This will ensure TLD applications are as complete as possible, improves transparency, and should make the evaluation process more efficient in comparison to relying on piecemeal post-application RSEPs to evaluate additional registry services.

I hope this is helpful, and I certainly welcome additional input from other IPC members on this subject.

Best regards,

Brian
IPC President

[https://daks2k3a4ib2z.cloudfront.net/59358b8cf7332631232417e8/595fb59d73c5b113a1d2a61b_WIPG_LogoMark.png]<https://www.winterfeldt.law/>

Brian J. Winterfeldt
Principal
Winterfeldt IP Group
1200 17<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>th<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1> St NW<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>, Ste 501<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
Washington, DC  20036<x-apple-data-detectors://12/1>
brian at winterfeldt.law<mailto:brian at winterfeldt.law>
+1 202 903 4422