[Gnso-newgtld-wg] SLA Monitoring (SLAM) Statistics

Ashley Roberts ashley.roberts at valideus.com
Fri Sep 20 17:03:36 UTC 2019

Hi Jim,

This seems to be an issue with terminology. What we’ve been calling “RSP pre-approval” simply means that the process of evaluating the technical section of the gTLD application is done once per RSP, rather than inefficiently doing it multiple times for each TLD they represent. To make this more practical for applicants who might want to use a given RSP, the process can be done prior to the application window. So it’s really just shifting the timing of a process (evaluation) a few months earlier. The question of whether the SLAs set out in the application and RA are adequate is a different question, which I don’t think affects the viability of “RSP pre-approval”. If it is deemed that there should be more stringent SLAs then they will apply to all RSPs, irrespective of whether they’ve been pre-approved (evaluated) or approved (evaluated) at some other time. Since this is about evaluation, it occurs to me that perhaps “RSP pre-approval” is not the most appropriate term to use. I think “RSP pre-evaluation” might better describe and clarify the concept we’re talking about here.

Kind regards,
Ashley

Ashley Roberts
Senior Manager