[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Name Collision Topic [New Subject Line]
jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Wed Sep 25 08:55:31 UTC 2019
Thanks Anne and Rubens for this discussion. I think in moving forward, we may have to tackle the name collision issue with the following in mind:
1. We will need to reflect the work we have done in Work Track 4 as well as the comments we received and the discussions/materials we have received to date. This includes the JAS Final report.
2. We should note the Board Resolution which resulted ultimately in the approval of the work described in Phase 1 of the NCAP Study as reported in the Scope of Work published by the NCAP:
* Scope: (https://community.icann.org/display/NCAP/NCAP+Working+Documents?preview=/79437474/111387704/Definition%20of%20Name%20Collision%20and%20Scope%20of%20Work%20for%20the%20NCAP.pdf)
* Board Resolution: https://features.icann.org/name-collision-analysis-project-%E2%80%93-first-study
3. We should note that there MAY be other phases of the NCAP study and describe those phases. See https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/79437474/NCAP%20Proposal%20for%20Board%20%28revised%20by%20OCTO%20based%20on%20V2.5BTClean%29%20REDACTED.pdf?api=v2. But we also have to recognize that that is not a given. There may or may not ever be a Phase 2 or 3 study.
4. In the event that there are other studies, there are recommendations that this Working Group has with respect to things we would like to see studied (eg., a do not apply list, an evaluation testing procedure, etc.).
5. In the event that there are no future studies, we will need to see what our group has consensus on (if anything).
6. If there is no consensus on anything, then we will need to report on that and ultimately what happened in the last round would be recommended.
Note: We will also need to see if anything comes from the letter sent from the GNSO Council to the ICANN Board on the dependencies for the next round and if that does have an impact on our recommendations.
Please let me know if you have any issues with my summary.
Senior Vice President
Com Laude | Valideus
E: jeff.neuman at comlaude.com<mailto:jeff.neuman at comlaude.com>
From: Gnso-newgtld-wg <gnso-newgtld-wg-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Rubens Kuhl
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:22 PM
To: gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gnso-newgtld-wg] GNSO Council Response to ICANN Board on Potential dependencies between the Name Collisions Analysis Project (NCAP) and New gTLD Subsequent Procedures.
The notion that Work Track 4 already covered all the know evidence of harm is not accurate. If the Board were willing to rest on what Work Track 4 had, it would never have initiated the NCAP as an OCTO project.
Board never considered WT4 output, since it will only be sent to the Board in the final report. And due to lack of consensus, most discussions in WT4 will never reach Board at all, so saying that it was considered is too far fetched.
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. They may not be disclosed, used by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this message in error, please return it to the sender (deleting the body of the email and attachments in your reply) and immediately and permanently delete it. Please note that the Com Laude Group does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments. The Com Laude Group does not accept liability for statements which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the group or one of its member entities. The Com Laude Group includes Nom-IQ Limited t/a Com Laude, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5047655 and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England; Valideus Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06181291 and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England; Demys Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC197176, having its registered office at 33 Melville Street, Edinburgh, Lothian, EH3 7JF Scotland; Consonum, Inc. dba Com Laude USA and Valideus USA, headquartered at 1751 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 600, McLean, VA 22102, USA; Com Laude (Japan) Corporation, a company registered in Japan having its registered office at Suite 319,1-3-21 Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0033, Japan. For further information see www.comlaude.com<https://comlaude.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-newgtld-wg