[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed Agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - Tuesday, 04 August at 03:00 UTC for 90 Minutes

Phil Buckingham phil at dotadvice.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 00:25:27 UTC 2020

Hi Steve, Hi Jeff,

Steve, thanks for sending out Model 6. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the call at 04 00 my time later today.
Here is my take .. there are a lot of ideas and solutions to problems
A lot need strengthening and clarifying
Overview
1 . My personal view is that if there is any form of partnership / JV that results in a financial consolidation of two or more original individual applications then this is deemed material . It WILL require an immediate submission of the full consolidated financial pack for an immediate new financial evaluation by the evaluators.
It would also trigger a new public comment period , a new period to file objections ( due to the material changing circumstances ) . I think we should add that these objections could include any competition , anti trust issues.

2. As to Justine point . Applicants will
Not be allowed to adjust their sealed bids,(  irrespective of whether any contention set has shrunk )
IDEA However they will be able to / allowed to resubmit a new sealed bid up to 2 weeks before on the announcement of the date of the auction ( whether private or the public last resort auction) .

Rebuttable presumptions :
I’m in agreement with Christa re ( g) .
This whole idea is very confusing and will be very very difficult to prove.
Agree with Christa on adding another clause .
IDEA : perhaps we get contention set applicants to submit a Reconciliation Statement of Use of Funds  ( in resolving over 3 contention sets ) , which would have to be submitted to the financial evaluators .

Have a good call later .
Thanks
Phil

Phil Buckingham