[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Consolidated list of materials for WG Member review

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Aug 13 02:46:22 UTC 2020

> Cannot live with rationale.
> Agree with (b) Donna’s comment . We cannot have a situation ( as happened last time) whereby only one applicant refused to go to a private auction and thereby forced an ICANN last resort takes all auction. Have Added a time limit when it needs to be done.

Mandating any form of private settlement before last resort is adding a new set of goals to the new gTLD program: profiting from losing. Contrary to other public interest resources we are keeping the option for private settlement, but turning it into an obligation is a total deviation of program objectives.

If one applicant doesn't want private settlements of any kind, it's their prerogative.

Rubens