[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Outstanding Final Questions on Applicant Support

christa at dottba.com christa at dottba.com
Fri Dec 4 23:01:43 UTC 2020

Apologies, I was unable to get to this sooner.

Bid credits could be gamed by:

*	An ASP applicant receives bid credits, multipliers and other
features and enters into a joint venture with a non-AS applicant.  In turn,
the non-ASP applicant receives the financial benefits that otherwise would
not have been available to them.

*	An ASP applicant receives the benefits of the bid credits,
multipliers, other and subsequently 'goes out of business' and transfers
ownership to a friendly party.  The third party receives the benefits of the
bid credits.  As noted, we should clearly define 'going out of business' and
ideally, provide an overview on how the transfer process is to be
administered to avoid any loopholes on transfers to friendly party's.

*	If we haven't already updated the repayment of bid credits, this
would allow a change of control to occur and the 'applicant to replay the
full amount of the financial support received through the ASP program plus
an additional ten percent' without having to repay the value of the bid
credits.  We need to have include both - the application fee and the value
of the bid credits, multipliers, other.

The value of the auction bid credit, multipliers, other will need to be
substantial if it is to be meaningful to the AS applicants.  My concern is
that we don't know the maximum value of the bid credits, multiplier, etc.
and haven't defined any type of payback schedule so the value of the
benefits could be large which increases the motivation for gaming.

Cheers,

Christa