[Gnso-newgtld-wg] PLEASE SHARE: Nomination Opens for ICANN Community Excellence Award
terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Dec 14 20:09:02 UTC 2020
ICANN.ORG announcement: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-12-14-en
twitter post: https://twitter.com/ICANN/status/1338552129414451201?s=20
Nominations Now Open for the ICANN Community Excellence Award
LOS ANGELES – 14 December 2020 – Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) opened the nomination period for the ICANN Community Excellence Award. The closing date for submissions is 29 March 2021 23:59 UTC and the winner(s) will be announced at ICANN71.
Launched in 2014, the ICANN Community Excellence Award recognizes ICANN community members who have deeply invested in consensus-based solutions and contributed substantively to the ICANN multistakeholder model.
The ideal recipient(s) will have:
· Participated in the ICANN community for at least five years.
· Served in multiple ICANN working groups or committees.
· Collaborated with more than one Supporting Organization (SO) and/or Advisory Committee (AC) in a significant capacity.
Candidates will be evaluated by a panel of ICANN community members appointed by the SO/AC chairs using a merit-based point system evaluated against three criteria:
1. Demonstrated ability to work across community lines with both familiar and unfamiliar ICANN stakeholders with the aim of building consensus.
2. Facilitator of dialogue and open discussion in a fair and collegial manner, through the spirit of collaboration as shown through empathy, and demonstrating a sincere desire to engage with people from other backgrounds, cultures, and interests.
3. Demonstrated additional support for the ICANN multistakeholder model and its overall effectiveness through volunteer service via working groups or committees.
Please submit your nominations via this Nomination Form<https://forms.gle/xzpuHXVaQMXad9ND8> including detailed information outlining why the nominee meets the award criteria. Self-nominations will not be considered. Any additional information in support of nominations and/or questions about the award process may be submitted via email to excellenceaward2021 at icann.org<mailto:excellenceaward2021 at icann.org>.
The award recipient(s) will be announced in June 2021 at ICANN71. For more information, please refer to the ICANN Community Wiki.<https://community.icann.org/x/YyOAAw>
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-newgtld-wg