[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - Tuesday, 07 January 2020 at 03:00 UTC

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 04:33:10 UTC 2020

Dear Phil, all

Please forgive the directness of my response to Phil's request, but it's
the start of a new year (indeed, a new decade!), and as we continue to
internationalise our work at ICANN in these new times, we should not lose
sight of the fact that one time zone's request for another "more
convenient" meeting time inherently suggests prioritising certain time
zones over others. Sadly, the balance of participation in PDPs currently
means that the "more convenient" time referred to is the *least
convenient *time
for Asia Pacific. How we fix that problem is another question, and I do
appreciate that there's a chicken and egg problem here, but I think we
ought to be careful with wording that does not inherently prioritise in
choice of language one global region over another.

Best wishes,

Heather