[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - Tuesday, 07 January 2020 at 03:00 UTC

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Jan 7 07:35:49 UTC 2020

> On 7 Jan 2020, at 00:29, Phil Buckingham <phil at dotadvice.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Happy New Year everyone
> Hi Jeff , Cheryl , Hi Jim
> I am really sorry but I won’t be able to make the call later, being 04 00 in the morning . I suspect a number of other Europeans won’t be on the call too .

Phil,

> I was going to suggest that we convene another more convenient and an extra meeting  ( via a poll) and make it a “three line whip call “ .

I echo Heather's concerns over qualifying convenience of times. We are a global community and the rotation among time zones is the consensus method for handling time zone differences.

> all  participants MUST attend to discuss the impact/ implications of/ on the Sub Pro ‘s work

We don't have the power to override the free will of the participants in making them attend or not meetings.

> 1 . The new .com contract
> 2. The potential acquisition of PIR /.org by private equity

The two topics above are completely off-topic for SubPro, since both .com and .org are already delegated gTLDs.
They are covered by public comment opportunities and have been favorite topics of freely accessible domain industry blogs where any discussions on this can be taken.

> 3  The draft FY 21 Operating Plan and Budget  released just before Christmas , which is now open for public comment. Clearly ICANN org is looking for further input from the Sub Pro . See 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 .
> I would be prepared to help put some costings, resource planning and funding requirements together with ICANN .

This one is a topic for SubPro, since it's about moving forward the process for introducing new gTLDs into the root zone... perhaps submitting an initial draft to the mailing list and then suggesting it as a discussion topic for a later meeting ?

Rubens