[Gnso-newgtld-wg] What behaviors would we consider undesirable?

Jeff Neuman jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
Thu Jan 16 20:49:57 UTC 2020

Mike,

Please see the ICANN Board’s response to our Supplemental Initial Report:  https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/chalaby-to-langdon-orr-neuman-18dec18-en.pdf

“These concerns mostly center on the issues of auctions of last resort and on private auctions. We take special note of the possible practice of participating in private auctions for the sole purpose of being paid to drop out. We also take note of the abuse that becomes possible in alterations to the change request mechanisms. ● The Board has concerns about whether, and in what ways, the availability of private auctions incentivizes applications for purposes other than actually using the string; and we are interested in how these incentives for abuse might be minimized.”

Hope that helps.

Jeff Neuman
Senior Vice President
Com Laude | Valideus