[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Latest Version of Compromise Closed Generic Text

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sun Jul 12 13:15:05 UTC 2020

> On 12 Jul 2020, at 10:09, Alexander Schubert <alexander at schubert.berlin> wrote:
>
> Sneak preview of my solution for this WG (comes at the end of my message):
> I suggest that we state in our report that:
> •             This WG is bound to the 2007 policy advice

That's not true either in general or in this specific case. The overall agreement is to follow 2012 implementation, not 2007 policy or 2012 AGB.
In this case specifically, the 2012 implementation felt short of making determination because no TLD waited to see how it could work or not as a closed generic.

Rubens