[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Deadline Wed 15 July - "Can't Live With" Review of Package 7 and Final Check on Revised Package 6

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Thu Jul 16 17:35:30 UTC 2020

I don’t understand your concern Kathy.  All proposed RVCs will be put out for comment.  I don’t see the issue a Registry for a TLD wanting to add voluntary obligations for it to follow (contractually enforced).

Example, Applicant proposes .crypto and submits its application.  After submitting the application, applicant is approached by the American Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Association who expresses a concern that the Applicant has not agreed to follow the CryptoCurrency Security Standard in its application.  Applicant realizes its mistake or realizes it would be better to include those in its application, so it files an Application Change request to commit to an additional RVC.

What’s wrong with that?

[cid:image003.png at 01D65B75.F85AF4A0]
Jeffrey J. Neuman
Founder & CEO