[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Post Call | New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group | Thursday, 23 July 2020 at 03:00 UTC

McGrady, Paul D. PMcGrady at taftlaw.com
Fri Jul 24 05:22:24 UTC 2020

Sending again, this time copying the list. Looking forward to Staff instructions on this. I have never in all my years of WG work seen all suggestions rejected by Staff before so I am really befuddled about how this process now works. Thanks.

Thanks Steve.  Unless I hear otherwise, I will take your email as overriding the Co-chair’s instructions to make changes into the Google document.  I’m not exactly sure why we are taking a different approach on this issue than for every other issue this WG has encountered so far where the document was Jackson Pollock’s White, Red and Black.  But, perhaps that will become clear to me as time goes on.

As for your suggestion that “WG members try and reach alignment on the principle components of a proposal rather than preparing competing redlines” – how should we do that?  Trying to do that exclusively over email will be quite a feat to track when there is no unified Google document anymore.  I’m concerned that I will miss something.  Will Staff gather the substantive portions of those comments and circulate them prior to our next call?  If so, what is the cut-off deadline for making those comments?  How will the various changes that I proposed and we walked through as a group be captured and brought forward for refinement?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but when the rules change this significantly this late in the game over one issue only, I am just trying to figure out how to pivot so that I can do my best to follow the new rules.

Best,
Paul

Sent from my iPhone

To receive regular COVID-19 updates from Taft, subscribe here<https://www.taftlaw.com/general/subscribe>. For additional resources, visit Taft's COVID-19 Resource Toolkit<https://www.taftlaw.com/general/coronavirus-covid-19-resource-toolkit>.

This message may contain information that is attorney-client privileged, attorney work product or otherwise confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, use and disclosure of this message are prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.