[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Brief Paper - Closed Generic Viewpoint

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Fri Jul 24 21:13:42 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone:

Marc Trachtenberg, Mike Rodenbaugh and I have combined to develop the attached paper describing our position on the delegation of closed-generic TLDs. While Paul McGrady generally agrees with the document, he is travelling and couldn’t dedicate sufficient attention to the document to formally sign on to it.

This is not meant as a response to the paper recently offered, “A Proposal for Public Interest Closed Generic gTLDs,” but was developed in parallel and meant to be considered on its own. As always, this is not as complete, succinct, and clear as we would like it to be and would be pleased to discuss the thinking behind it in any forum.

We hope you find it meaningful. Thanks in advance for any time devoted to reading it.

Sincerely,

Kurt, Marc, Mike