[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Proposed Agenda - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG - Monday, 27 July at 15:00 UTC for 90 Minutes

Phil Buckingham phil at dotadvice.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 14:18:17 UTC 2020

Hi Jeff, Hi Cheryl,

I appreciate that our next call starts in a couple of hours.
In light of new proposals, please could the WG totally focus on closed genetics on today’s call by moving it to the top of the agenda .

I would also like to propose the all issues around contention sets , private auctions, private resolutions , ICANN ‘s last resort auction are deferred to our call on Thursday 30 July , 2000 UTC.
Like most Europeans I missed the call on 22 / 23 July. To be honest,I am now struggling, as are others, to where we are all at on contention sets
I need a summary !

I personally feel that the implementation guidance need to be much stronger, with much more clarity and clearer timelines.

With this in mind would it be possible for ICANN staff, for Thursday’s call, to put together a step by step guide (as it stands now in the Google docs) for applicants, from their application submission day to the start of contracting.
Perhaps it could it be done in the form of a flowchart , utilising a critical path . If we could add in timelines that would help .
I suggest we take different types/ categories of application with each one ending up in a contention set.
They would be :
A brand application
An application with string similarity
A GEO application
An application that wishes to apply for applicant support
A CPE application.
An IDN application.

I really think we need to get away from the one approach fits all applications.

Would this be possible in time for Thursday’s call.

Thanks
Phil

Phil Buckingham

Sent from my iPhone