[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Auction of last resort and Private Resolutions

Jean Guillon jean at guillon.com
Sun Jun 28 20:29:48 UTC 2020

I read things such as :"a “key person” whose expertise is desirable  and
who serves on the Board or the Advisory Board at a certain consulting fee"
and

"the possibility of the “losing” applicant being required to pay a fee into
an Applicant Support fund upon withdrawal of its application"

These are good ideas but from an applicant perspective it complexifies
greatly the application procedure.

I don't think that applicants should have to deal with more complex (and
costly) procedures that only Icann insiders are able to explain.

The only thing missing in the next guidebook is a clear and simplified
procedure for .BRANDs

The next AGB should be more simple, not more complex.

Jean Guillon