[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Additional Transparency for Private Auctions

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Mon Jun 29 23:08:20 UTC 2020

> On 29 Jun 2020, at 19:16, McGrady, Paul D. <PMcGrady at taftlaw.com> wrote:
>
> Jeff,
>
> As promised I am kicking around your suggestion.  Can you clarify what you had in mind?  Would the parties and dollars need to be reported at the end of every private auction, or in one

I believe this should encompass all private resolutions, whether auction or otherwise.

> lump report after the close of the round?  I guess I’m a little concerned that Party A and B have a private auction, Party A reports it because they have no more contentions left and the report helps/hurts Party B in an auction with Party C.  One final report at the end of a round may be easier to get on board with (although I am still trying to identify unintended consequences).

This assumes it's a public disclosure, while I heard two options: public disclosure and disclosure to ICANN, and I added in a previous e-mail disclose to a regulator.
But if it comes to public disclosure, defining the end of a round is tricky. 2012 round still hasn't ended... so a fixed embargo might be in order. 12 months would be my first guess, but I am not married to this length.

Rubens