[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Package 6

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Jun 30 03:51:27 UTC 2020

Board could ban closed generics in 2012, but they decided to punt to us the decision.
Now that we haven't reached a decision, we will be punting back to Board, which might allow them or not, at their discretion.

We are not providing recommendation either way, so no outcome of the WG can be read as banning or allowing them.
And it's fruitless to discuss which was the default in this case, since the Board couldn't care less about the WG rule on defaults.
They will apply their own thinking to what is on the table, including GAC Advice, and make a decision.
One that GNSO won't be able to challenge (5/6 majority) since we don't have any recommendation on it.

Rubens