[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Community Applications - Independent Research by panelist standards

mail@christopherwilkinson.eu CW mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sun May 3 15:46:28 UTC 2020

Good afternoon:

I have some concert as to how these proposals could be implemented in practice.

Clearly, accountability and transparency of evaluation and evaluators is necessary. However, trying to draw distinctions between information known previously to the evaluators, information included in the application and information, however acquired, during the evaluation - these distinctions seem to be unworkable, particularly as the evaluators themselves are supposed to be knowledgeable and expert in their fields.

Who is to undertake such distinctions and for what purpose?

One would expect the evaluators to undertake professional research that they considered necessary.

Regards

CW