[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Revisions to sections on GAC Advice - Current Status?

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Tue May 5 20:49:33 UTC 2020

Paul – I think you forgot one section, though I understand you agreed to this language as well:

From Justine’s email:

To this end, I support Anne's proposed compromise language to be applied towards the original recommendation in full, which I now suggest should be condensed to read as,
"Recommendation xx: To the extent that the GAC provides GAC Consensus Advice (as defined in the ICANN Bylaws) in the future on categories of TLDs, the GAC should provide this Advice prior to the finalization of the next Applicant Guidebook. In the event that GAC Consensus Advice is issued after the application period has begun and whether the GAC Consensus Advice applies to categories, groups or classes of applications or string types, or to a particular string, the ICANN Board should take into account the circumstances resulting in such timing and the possible detrimental effect of such timing in determining whether to accept or override such GAC Consensus Advice as provided in the Bylaws."