[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Electing a WG chair (or co-chairs)

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri Dec 6 17:52:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to lend my support to Graeme and Maria co-chairing this WG, but also …,

On Dec 5, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Metalitz, Steven <met at msk.com> wrote:

[SNIP]

> An option worth considering would be to select a single chair who is independent of all three of these sectors.  Fortunately, with Don Blumenthal, we have a working group member who not only fits that bill, but who also brings significant relevant experience to the role.  Most recently, I had the opportunity to serve with Don on the Thick Whois PDP WG, where he took on an important leadership role for one of the most critical subgroups, and did an excellent job, in my opinion.

I would like to second Steve’s opinion of Don’s performance in coordinating the tasks of the data protection and privacy sub-team of the “thick” Whois PDP WG.

> With that context I would like to nominate Don as our chair and to ask fellow Working Group members to consider whether independent leadership, rather than a troika representing the three main tendencies, would be a better way to proceed.  I look forward to hearing what others think about this.

I have no doubt that Don would do a great job at chairing this WG, if he is willing to accept the nomination.

I guess I’m more than fine with either of these two choices for the WG’s leadership position.

Thanks.

Amr