[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Agenda and additional points to note for WG call on Tuesday 26 August

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Aug 25 18:00:21 UTC 2014

Dear all,

The proposed agenda for our next Working Group call on Tuesday 26 August is
as follows:
1. Roll Call/Updates to SOI
2. Continue deliberations on F-1 (updated template attached)
3. [if time permits] Commence deliberations on F-2 (initial draft template
attached)
4. Next steps

Please also note the following additional points:

(1) In initial discussions last week, the WG agreed on the need to
distinguish between ³disclosure² of a P/P customer¹s details to a third
party requestor, and ³publication² of those details in Whois. To that end,
the following definition was proposed via email, and has been added to the
template for F-1 as a suggested Preliminary Conclusion:

> ³Publication² - means the reveal of a person¹s (I.e. the licensee or
> beneficial owner of a registered domain name) identity/contact details in the
> Whois system
> ³Disclosure² - means the reveal of a person¹s (i.e. the licensee or beneficial
> owner of a registered domain name) identity/contact details to a third party
> requestor.

(2) The WG Chairs note that this Category F contains several potentially
overlapping questions; as such, discussions under F-1 and F-2 may well
³spill over² into or get taken up by discussions of the other questions and
some of the remaining Category F questions may be combined following our
next call. For your convenience, here are the remaining Category F
questions:

> F-2: Should ICANN-accredited privacy/proxy service providers be required to
> reveal customer identities for the specific purpose of ensuring timely service
> of cease and desist letters?
> F-3: What forms of alleged malicious conduct, if any, and what evidentiary
> standard would be sufficient to trigger a reveal?
> F-4: What safeguards must be put in place to ensure adequate protections for
> privacy and freedom of expression?
> F-5: What circumstances, if any, would warrant access to registrant data by
> law enforcement agencies?
> F-6: What clear, workable, enforceable and standardized processes should be
> adopted by ICANN-accredited privacy/proxy services in order to regulate such
> access (if such access is warranted)?
> F-7: What specific alleged violations of the provider¹s terms of service, if
> any, would be sufficient to trigger publication of the registrant/owner¹s
> contact information?
> F-8: What safeguards or remedies should be available in cases where
> publication is found to have been unwarranted?
> F-9: What are the contractual obligations, if any, that if unfulfilled would
> justify termination of customer access by ICANN-accredited privacy/proxy
> service providers?

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org