[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Draft Initial Report for your review

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Dec 19 16:44:11 UTC 2014

Dear WG members,

Please find attached, per the deadlines in our most recent Work Plan, a
draft Initial Report for your review. We understand that the WG will likely
be meeting next Tuesday, 23 December, to continue to discuss Category G and
other issues if time permits. We understand also that issues relating to
Category F remain under discussion, and that at the last WG meeting, it was
agreed that outstanding questions on Category E will be posed to the
community during the public comment period. As such, and given that the WG
will have two scheduled meetings in January 2015 ­ prior to the posting
deadline of 19 January for ICANN52 ­ to discuss the draft report, please
bear in mind that this does not represent the final version of what will be
published for public comment, as that will depend on any further progress,
agreement or changes by the WG between now and 19 January.

In relation to the WG¹s latest discussions on Category E and G, please note
that we have added the following description of a ³persistent delivery
failure² to the preliminary conclusions for Category E:
·       "The WG considers that a ³persistent delivery failure² will have
occurred when an electronic communications system abandons or otherwise
stops attempting to deliver an electronic communication to a customer after
[a certain number of] repeated or duplicate delivery attempts within [a
reasonable period of time]. The WG emphasizes that such persistent delivery
failure, in and of itself, is not sufficient to trigger further provider
obligation or action under this Category E unless the provider also becomes
aware of the persistent delivery failure."

We have also continued to insert and maintain square brackets around
language for which the WG has not yet reached agreement.

We look forward to continued discussions next week and to the WG¹s review of
this draft Initial Report come January.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org