[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated Definitions List

Don Blumenthal dblumenthal at pir.org
Wed Feb 12 16:18:50 UTC 2014

Mary,

Thanks very much. This document will be very helpful as we move along.

Best,

Don

From: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>>
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 1:36 PM
To: PPSAI <gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org>>
Subject: [Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated Definitions List

Dear all,

Please find attached a document listing definitions that have been used in/by the GNSO in relation to "Privacy Services", "Proxy Services", "Relay" and "Reveal". The various definitions and descriptions (as applicable) are listed in chronological order of development/use, starting from the Working Definitions prepared by a GNSO Drafting Team in 2009 and including the terms as used in the Terms of Reference for the proposed studies in 2010 on Privacy & Proxy Abuse (now in Final Report preparation phase) and on Privacy/Proxy Relay/Reveal (which was ultimately not done per se but for which the GNSO Council commissioned a Pre-Feasibility Survey, completed in August 2012). Hyperlinks to the relevant document have also been included.

Please note that some of these definitions were provided to the SO/AC/SG/C chairs in the WG's outreach letters, sent recently, and included also in some of the WG Background Documents on the WG wiki. We will post this latest document to the wiki as well.

We hope this compilation of definitions is useful to the WG.

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>

* One World. One Internet. *